City Palace, the largest palace comple of Rajasthan, is a complete white structure standing majestically on a hill surrounded by creneliated walls.Started by Udai Singh, this enormous edifice of 30.4 metres height and 244 metres length was subsequently built upon by later rulers. The entrance to this Palace is through 'Hathi Pol'- the 'Elephant gate' along the main street of the old city. The 'Bara Pol' or the 'Great gate', brings you to the first court which leads into the Tripolia gate, which has eight carved marble arches or torans.
Lake Palace Or Jag Niwas, is regarded as one of the most beautiful palace of the world, the mere sight is mesmerizing as this white wonder arises out of the turquoise waters of Lake Pichhola. Built in 1746, by Maharana Jagat Singh II on the island of Jag Niwas, as a summer resort. This cool haven is a marvel in stone and is the best example of Mughal- Rajput architecture.
Jag Mandir, the other island palace, it was commenced by Maharana Karan Singh, but later on Maharana Jagat Singh made a number of additions to it, and hence is named after him.
Jagdish Temple built by Maharana Jagat Singh I in 1651 AD and is dedicated to Lord Vishnu. The external and the plinth are covered with base relief's friezes of alligators, elephants, horsemen and celestial musicians rise in tiers. It is the largest and most splendid temple of Udaipur.
Bhartiya Lok Kala Mandal, museum of folk arts. It displays a rich collection of folk dresses, ornaments, puppets, masks, dolls, folk musical instruments and paintings, of special interest. There is section on tribal art. The world renowned puppeteers of Udaipur, custodians of an ancient tradition, clearly put up first rate shows over here.
Saheliyon Kl Bari, garden of the maids of honor, brings to the fore the unique life-style of the royal ladies who once strolled in these gardens. This spectacular garden has four pools embellished with delicately chiseled kiosks and elephants in marble.
Pratap Memorial built on the hill top of the Moti Magri or Pearl hillock, a equestrian bronze statue of the valiant hero Maharana Pratap overlooks Fateh Sagar. Hundreds of people climb up the hill to pay homage to Rana Pratap and his faithful charger Chetak, who was killed in the battle of Haldighati.
Fateh Sagar initially constructed by Maharana Jai Singh and later on Maharana Fateh Singh made be solid, in the north of Lake Pichhola to which it is linked by a canal. The lake is enclosed by three sides by hills. Visitors enjoy delicious cuisine on its waters or row across to the island garden of Nehru.
Lake Pichola, surrounded by hills, palaces, temples, bathing Ghats, and embankments. It derives the name from the village of Pichholi. Set splendidly in the lake are two island palaces Jag Niwas (Lake Palace) and Jag Mandir.
Sajjan Garh, the palace for monsoon, it predominates the skyline and is clearly visible from most parts of the Udaipur. It affords a scenic view of the city. It is the best place to view the sunset.
Gulab Bagh, 'the Rose Garden1, built by Maharana Sajjan Singh, very few gardens in India possess such majestic beauty, It also has an elegant building for a library with a rich collection of old books.
Nehru Garden in Udaipur is beautiful attractive Garden, constructed in an Island at the heart of Fateh Sagar Lake. This enchanting Park can be reached by a pleasant boating from one side of the Fateh Sagar Lake. A floating restaurant, in a boat shape is an added attraction here, located in the north west of the garden.
Shilpgram, (3 Km) an exquisite delite of Arts & Crafts, is stimulating Shilpgram, this rural arts and crafts village was established as West Zone Cultural Centre. The Shilpgram nestles in the hills of Aravallis.
Eklingji, (22 km) built in 734 A.D., a complex enclosing 108 temples with a flight of steps leading down to the water tank (kund). The temples are exquisitely carved out of sandstone and marble, and are devoted to Lord Shiva, the family deity of the Mewar rulers.
Haldighati, (40 km) the historical battlefield, it was here in 1576 AD, the Maharana Pratap fought the Mughal ruler Akbar the great. A cenotaph with delicate white marble columns is dedicated to the indomitable hero Maharana Pratap's loyal charger Chetak.
Nathdwara, (48 km) a popular hindu pilgrimage site. The 18th century temple of Shri nathji has a black marble statue of Shri Nathji, which is over 600 years old and was brought from Mathura in 1669 to protect from the fanatic hands of Aurangzeb.
Kumbhalgarh Fort, (84 Km) built amidst Aravallis in the 15th century by Maharana Kumbha, it is the second most important fort of Rajasthan after Chittaurgarh. It is accessible by jeep from Kelwara through the seven great gates. "Badal Mahal" or the Cloud Palace at the top offers a scenic view of the surrounding country side.
Jaisamand Lake, (48 km) the second largest artificial lake in Asia was built in 17th century by Maharana Jai Singh Graceful marble chhatris festoon the embankment; on either side are summer palaces. Bhils, the local tribesman inhabit the island in Jaisamand Lake. A trip of Jaisamand Wild Life Sanctuary makes an exciting excursion, the key fauna of the sanctuary are- panther, wild boar, deer, four-horned antelopes, mongoose and various species of birds.
Ranakpur, (90 km) one of the most important Jain temples is also known as Chaumukha. It is dedicated to Adhinathji and was built in 15th century. This magnificent piece of architecture has 1444 pillars, which are different from each other. The Surya temple and other Jain temples are worth visiting.